Chapter 96 Do Not Meddle
After Jane’s birthday party, Cora returned to work at the hospital.
As for Byron, he never visited Cora again after they parted ways that day after their quarrel over the incident about
Cora didn’t have time to contemplate ending the relationship because Flora’s surgery was already scheduled.
So early that morning, she arrived at the burns unit to discuss the details regarding the surgery with Matt.
“Dr. Yoris is talking to your mother about the operation. The hospital is holding a charity event, and your mother would
likely want to participate in it. By then, she would be eligible to have half of the operation fees waived.”
As soon as Matt finished speaking, Cora’s face paled slightly, and she asked, “Dr. Yoris? Which Dr. Yoris?”
She dreaded it to be William.
“It’s Doctor Jane Yoris. She is in charge of the charity event.” Matt noticed something was amiss about Cora. “What is it?”
“Matt, I’ll go check on my mother first.”
Although it wasn’t William but Jane who was with Flora, Cora felt even more anxious because of Jane’s relationship with
Cora slapped Mia at the birthday party, so Jane might turn to target Flora, seeking revenge for her close friend.
Cora soon arrived at Flora’s ward.
Recently, Flora’s condition had improved a great deal, so she had been transferred from a clean room to a general ward.
When Cora arrived, she saw Jane wearing a white coat and chatting with Flora.
Flora wore a bright smile on her face, which Cora hadn’t seen in a while. She wondered what the two were talking about.
“Mom, Dr. Yoris, can I join your conversation?”
Although Flora’s smile eased some of the tension in Cora, she still had her guard up while around Jane.
Her wariness was apparent in the way she positioned herself between the two women.
Seeing Cora’s actions, Jane narrowed her eyes slightly but kept her composure.
“I was telling your mother about the charity event in our hospital. She happily agreed to participate.”
“Cora, half of the surgery fee can be waived if we participate in this event. There are limited slots for participants. It’s all
thanks to Dr. Yoris that we earned one.”
Cora remained indifferent, let alone showing Jane any gratitude. “Is that so?”
“Don’t be so cold, Cora. Dr. Yoris has been a great help to us.”
In fact, Flora wasn’t only thankful to Jane but was also in great spirits, which Cora hadn’t seen in a while.
“You flatter me, Mrs. Flora Lane. Your daughter had offered major contributions to the hospital, so we will naturally
prioritize her family members when it comes to these events.”
Jane remained polite, and Flora kept on thanking her. She even ushered Cora to make Jane some tea.
However, Cora was displeased at the situation. She even wondered if Flora was being nice because she knew Jane was
Thus, Cora didn’t comply with Flora’s demands despite the latter repeatedly doing so.
On the contrary, Jane was aware that she was given the cold shoulder, so she bid them goodbye. “I have some work in
my department. Ma’am, I’ll come to see you again sometime.”
Flora thanked her and expressed her desire for Jane to visit her. She even offered to prepare some fruits for Jane. Then,
she asked Cora to see Jane off.
Cora wanted Jane to leave as soon as possible, so she escorted her right away.
“I appreciate the sentiment, Dr. Yoris, but I can take care of my mother.”
It wasn’t until they were at the overpass leading to the emergency room that Cora spoke.
More than half of the operation fee being waived was indeed a tempting offer, given Cora’s financial situation.
However, she didn’t appreciate it being at the cost of having Jane constantly visiting her mother. It didn’t only annoy her,
but it felt like she would be betraying her deceased father.
“Dr. Lane, there are no strings attached to this offer. We should show you some appreciation after all the hard work you
have done for the hospital. That is why we’ll prioritize your family members whenever these activities are being held. I was
merely giving your mother a heads-up,” Jane explained.
She seemed sincere, her eyes bright and innocent, much like when she defended Mia that day.
If she hadn’t given Cora a new phone out of the blue, Cora would have wondered if she had been vilifying Jane…
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower ) Chapter 96
Chapter 96 Do Not Meddle
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.