Chapter 44 His Arrival
Cora lay on the bed for a long time, conjuring up images of her father’s funeral, her mother lying in the intensive care unit
with burns, and her brother’s arrest.
That scene suffocated her feel almost out of breath. Finally, her mind was completely exhausted from thinking about
things. She was drifting off when she felt someone lift her quilt and touch her waist from behind.
She woke up immediately and quickly turned over to avoid the person behind her.
“Who is it?” As Cora stepped back, she grabbed her phone, intending to call the police.
But at this moment, the black figure grabbed her ankle and pulled her into his arms.
Cora tried to fight back, but the man seemed to know her tricks. He was unharmed and even held her ankle firmly.
Unable to break free, Cora bit the man’s shoulder.
At this time, a familiar male voice reached her ear.
She naturally recognized the male voice as cold and stern as a rock. It was Byron.
She hurriedly let go and turned on the bedside lamp.
Byron’s chiseled and charming facial features became clear as the warm yellow light illuminated the room.
He wore black shirt and trousers, looking at her with a half-smile.
Cora didn’t know if it was because of the light, but there was a little more tenderness in those deep and unpredictable
eyes than usual.
“Are you that timid?” He asked.
“Things like women living alone are murdered happen from time to time, so it’s always right to take precautions.”
She used to live either at home or in a school dormitory and never lived alone.
She still remembered she almost stayed up all night the first day she moved into the LO apartment.
Even now, if she heard something, she would wake up immediately.
Only during the few nights that Byron was here could she sleep peacefully until dawn.
This might also be the main reason why she compromised several times to let Byron stay overnight and wanted to try to
develop a romantic relationship with Byron, as Sally suggested.
Cora truly hoped that she could have someone to accompany her, even without the purpose of uniting in matrimony.
“Are you a dog?”
Cora looked up and saw Byron pull off his collar, revealing the bruise she had just bitten.
“I didn’t know it was you.”
Feeling guilty after biting his noble body, Cora quickly changed the topic.
“How did you get in here?”
“When I saw your access card in the morning, I took my fingerprints,” he said calmly, as if it was a matter of course.
Cora was annoyed. After all, this was her home. He should have asked her permission before he took his fingerprints.
But Byron lay down and urged her, “Won’t you sleep? Do you want to be late tomorrow?”
Cora didn’t want to be late for work, and now there were only more than six hours left before work. She could only
hurriedly turn off the lights and go to sleep, planning to talk about the fingerprints matter tomorrow.
Unexpectedly, Byron suddenly approached her from behind and kissed the back of her neck.
“No.” Cora instinctively wanted to refuse. She agreed to let him come, not to let him do something to her.
“Just once.” Byron’s voice was already ho rse.
Cora didn’t know if it was because Byron’s pleading voice was too charming or if she didn’t want to sleep as soon as
possible. She let him do what he wanted in the end.
The next day, Cora had just changed into the white gown in the office when Sally came to her. She handed Cora a bottle
of milk and then poked the collar slipping off. “It was quite wild last night, huh?”
Cora quickly pulled back her collar, pretending to be calm. “No.”
“No? Then what’s the matter with your swollen eyes?”
Cora was slightly embarrassed.
Last night, she couldn’t resist Byron’s pleading and had sex with him as he wished.
As a result, he kept her awake all night.
As certain images crossed her mind, her face grew increasingly flushed.
Fortunately, Sally didn’t get to the bottom of it. “Drink the milk, and I’ll go and see if anyone in the emergency room needs
Unexpectedly, just as Sally left, a nurse hurriedly opened the door and came in. “Cora, Dr. Cohen asked me to tell you
that Mia is in your mother’s ward.”
The bottle of milk Cora had just fallen to the ground, the milk splashing all over the floor.
She couldn’t care about it and rushed to the sterile ward
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower ) Chapter 44
Chapter 44 His Arrival
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.