Chapter 17 Is the Woman Cora?
Byron had always been renowned for his integrity and self-discipline in New York. But now in the hospital parking lot, he
was seen with a woman.
Eason was taken aback, his expression subtly changing. He couldn’t help but notice that the woman’s voice sounded
strikingly similar to Cora’s.
Glancing at the car once more, he came up with something more to say, “Uncle Byron, how come you’re still here?”
“Just leaving,” Byron replied, his voice noticeably huskier than usual.
“My mother is still in Grandpa’s ward. I…”
Eason tried to stay in the conversation as his gaze tracing the woman in Byron’s car.
“What are you peeking at? Go!” Byron’s cold scolding startled Eason, as Cora had just bitten Byron again.
Before Eason could regain his composure, the window was shut completely, leaving him staring at the closed glass.
A sense of reluctance lingered within him. Yet, upon reflection, he believed that no matter how resentful Cora might be,
she wouldn’t resort to such absurd actions given his relationship with Byron.
Eason decided to not give it another thought. After all, he had numerous concerns occupying his mind, particularly the
baby in Mia’s womb. Each step he took felt burdened.
As soon as Eason left, Cora hurriedly pushed Byron away. But he clung tightly to her waist, refusing to let go.
“You want to push me away right after taking advantage of me? Do you think I’m that easy to get rid of?”
Byron was ready to take action, and his intentions were clear.
Of course Cora knew it was not easy to get rid of him. Worrying that Byron would call Eason back, she felt embarrassed
but didn’t know what to do.
“Well, w-we can’t do it here, right? It’s in public.”
Observing her blushing face and reddened ears, Byron felt satisfied. He sat back in the driver’s seat and started the car.
They spent the entire night making love.
At dawn, Cora felt someone lifting the blanket covering her head and speaking to her. “I’m going on a business trip for a
week. Call me if you need anything.”
Cora felt confused. What did his business trip have to do with her? She ignored him.
Hiding her head back under the blanket, Cora continued to sleep. When she finally woke up again, Byron was nowhere to
Cora returned to First Hospital during the morning rush hour, unexpectedly seeing Mia once again. But this time, Mia was
wearing a hospital gown.
Due to their unpleasant previous encounter, Cora couldn’t be bothered to greet her. Yet Mia blocked her path once more.
“Are you going to put on another show for Eason?” Cora grumbled.
Mia’s attitude suddenly changed as she smiled, “Of course not. I just wanted to share some good news. I’m pregnant.”
‘It’s only been a few days…and they already have a baby!’
Cora’s heart felt as though it had been p ked by a needle—painful, but leaving no visible scar.
Despite her anguish, Cora maintained a composed facade in front of Mia.
“That’s none of my business. You don’t have to tell me.”
“Well, that was only the first half of the news. Eason’s mother was concerned about how I would look in my wedding dress
during my pregnancy, so she brought forward the engagement and the wedding. I have an invitation for you. Here.”
Mia exuded the aura of a triumphant victor, sporting a radiant smile as she boasted about the love of the Patton family and
the happiness that awaited her.
“I can’t offer my blessings, nor will I bring you any gift. Why do you want me there?” Cora refused to accept the invitation
The card’s fiery colors stood out, intensifying the burning sensation in her eyes.
“We’ve known each other for so long, after all, and you are the only witness to the relationship between Eason and me.
Our engagement party will only be complete if you’re there.”
Cora responded with sarcasm. “Witness? To the history of you getting together through cheating?”
Mia’s smile froze, yet she persisted, forcing the invitation card into Cora’s hand.
“Regardless, I still hope you can be there and bring our special friendship to a perfect conclusion.”
After Mia left, Mr. Gray sent Cora back to her office to rest, noticing her pale face.
“Cora, Mr. Gray said you had to take some rest. Are you okay?”
Sally rushed over to check on Cora, only to notice the invitation card on her table.
She yelled in fury, “They say a good ex should never contact you again! How dare Eason send you an invitation to his
engagement?! He just can’t live without your blessings and wedding gifts, huh?!”
“No, it wasn’t Eason. I ran into Mia. At Ob-Gyn.” Cora thought she could calmly share the story, but her voice emerged
h a se.
“Ob-Gyn? She… Is she…?”
“Yes. She’s pregnant.”
“Cora…” Sally looked at Cora, worried, then her anger rose up again, “If those two want to disgust you so much, you
should attend their engagement party and tell people about their cheating aes!”
“My family is already struggling. I don’t want them to become the laughingstock. Let it go.”
Sally persisted, “You should go, Cora! Show them your beauty! Make Eason regret it! Let’s go shopping this weekend. I’ll
find you a perfect dress.”
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower ) Chapter 17
Chapter 17 Is the Woman Cora?
Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Ex-wife’s Disguised Identity by Josie Atkins Novel
Read Online Snatched a Billionaire to be My Husband (Green FLower )Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt. Seeking solace, she went to a bar and ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, coincidentally, also that scumbag's uncle. Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her. However, he couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from that scumbag and his new girlfriend. Then she tricked him into marriage by faking a pregnancy, to seek revenge against her ex, and surprisingly, find happiness in their marriage. Yet, she constantly lived in fear of her secret being exposed. One day, she confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced." The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss." More Interesting Novel Bride Behind The Mask ( Frederick and Mr. Winston )
Some Important Questions Related to the Story
- Why did her fiancé end their engagement?
- Her scumbag fiancé ended their engagement after her family went bankrupt.
- Who did she end up sleeping with after her engagement ended?
- She ended up sleeping with the wealthiest man in the country, who coincidentally was her ex-fiancé's uncle.
- How did the wealthiest man initially react to their encounter?
- Initially, he insisted it was a mistake and had no intention of maintaining any further connection with her.
- Why did the wealthiest man end up helping her financially and emotionally?
- He couldn't resist lending a hand whenever she needed financial assistance or when she faced humiliation from her ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend.
- How did she trick the wealthiest man into marriage?
- She faked a pregnancy to seek revenge against her ex-fiancé and surprisingly found happiness in their marriage.
- What was her constant fear during her marriage?
- She constantly lived in fear of her secret, the fake pregnancy, being exposed.
- What did she confess to her husband one day?
- She confessed, "Um... I faked the pregnancy. If you can't handle that, let's just get divorced."
- How did the billionaire respond to her confession?
- The billionaire embraced her and replied, "My darling, it doesn't matter. Let's have a baby NOW to compensate for my loss."
- What motivated her to fake the pregnancy in the first place?
- She faked the pregnancy as a means of seeking revenge against her ex-fiancé.
- Did her marriage with the billionaire ultimately bring her happiness?
- Yes, despite the deception, she found happiness in her marriage with the billionaire.